Wireless Infrastructure Technician
- Position Summary:
- If you are looking for a career in a rapidly expanding, growth oriented industry W4W has an exciting career opportunity for you! Our partners are telecommunications services companies that offer wireless network operators a variety of services such as Equipment Installation and Commissioning, Microwave Engineering, Civil Construction, Maintenance, and EF&I Services.We also provide structured, in-class and field training services to people interested in a career as a Wireless Infrastructure Technician. As a Technician, you will assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications tower and support structures. Being a Wireless Infrastructure Technician is not for the faint at heart but it can be an exciting and challenging career opportunity. Wireless Infrastructure Technicians work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions.We recognize our success depends on our exceptional technicians; they work hard so opportunities and incentive programs are in place that recognizes top performers for a job well done. If you truly have what it takes to be a great Wireless Infrastructure Technician, this is the place to build your career! We are a reputable company that rewards your hard work. We also offer competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
- Position City:
- Los Angeles
- Position State:
- Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Climbing towers and ladders at various heights
- Erection of various tower types
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Installation of new carriers on new build and existing towers
- Assists in tower erection using helicopters, cranes and gin poles
- Assist in the assembly of monopole, all weld and knock down self-support and guyed towers
- Assists in the antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15 foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
- Assists in the transmission line and installation of foam / air dielectric coaxial, hardline and elliptical wave-guides
- Assists in the installation of all aspects of cell site foundations, grounding, and conduits, with electrical installations where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- • Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
• 0 to 2 years of industry experience.
• Successfully completed the Tower Technician Training Program.
• Applicant/Employee weight and tools combined may not exceed 280-pound weight limit as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
• Applicant/Employee waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
• Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.• Must have the ability to climb towers, be comfortable on a variety of rooftop types, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and be cable of working up to 12 hours on occasion.
- Additional Information:
W4W is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age 40 (40 or over), or genetic information. W4W's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Individuals must have a valid driver’s license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary, and be willing to travel extensively.
Must be able to work out of market or away from home as work demands.
The description provided here is not an all inclusive list of all job duties / tasks, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities, and requirements may change according to project needs and business needs.